tiistai 14. kesäkuuta 2011

My idea of DustBuster

In my point of view DustBusters are just one of those useless domestic appliances, which are made important by advertising. If we really wanna do change in our way of living and start to think more of enviromental aspects of life then every thing you don't absolutely need sould be cut out of your home and eventually they wont even make those anymore....Or so this idealistic designer likes to think...

Anyway, when you have a school task (or later worktask) it is quite absurd try to explain this kind of ethics. So I made one. DustBuster I mean. I started the task by trying to find all the knowledge about these mashines which try their best to displace dishcloths. I found out:

- suction power is related to size in most of cases
- using time without load is only 10-30min ( and last minutes the capasity of sucking lows - a lot)
- cheapest one was also lightest one
- price affects mostly in design

Then I walked in few shops seeing what is on the market already and felt like Electrolus is the only one making these, in every color but in same shape all the time. After bit googling I found also other kinds of Dustbusters - more designed I would like to say...

Something there is always commen. Every DustBuster look like old or ugly, or something from future ( well I kind of like those ones) but any of those are not fitting in finnish interiors, so you put those in cabins and behind the other doors and after that they are never used. I tried to do something which is fresh looking and as beutyful that you can leave it be on contertop, where is it needed.

So I made a moodboard from Finnish interior design:

I made like hundreds of sketches and after that decided I nead some other limits for my design and started to think ergonomics. My mum has nervetrauma so she cant bent her wrist down like normal people so I started to think: What kind of DustBuster she could use?

After while trying and thinking and chansing things there and then back I decided that diversited of grips is always better than one, because people are different.

So I will show you the result. 











(It is quite big but I really wanted a make a machine which works not just say whoooooohhh)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti